Kim Ramsey-Winkler has been teaching, speaking, writing, and practicing holistic paths for over a decade:
- 2005- Began studying Chios Energy Healing and yoga, including yogic philosophy
- 2006- Certified as a Chios Master Teacher (CCMT)
- 2006- Began learning channeling, both relayed (guided readings) and trance channeling
- 2006-2008- Practiced Chios and channeling under the name Jo Ramsey in southern Maine and by distance
- 2007- Received certification as a yoga instructor
- 2009- First books published under the pen name Karenna Colcroft
- 2009- Relocated to Massachusetts
- 2010- First young adult novel published under the pen name Jo Ramsey
- 2010- Young adult novel Connection chosen as required summer reading for Winthrop High School, Winthrop, MA
- 2010- Spoke to 500 students and their teachers at Winthrop High School about the ongoing impact of bullying and trauma
- 2011-2016- Raised children, wrote numerous novels and short stories
- 2016- Launched River Flow Healing, providing Chios Energy Healing and guided readings in person and by distance
- 2017- Received a Life Coaching diploma and certificates in Holistic Counseling and Neuro-Linguistic Programming
- 2017- Launched holistic mentoring services and A Story You Tell Yourself
After a childhood of “just knowing” things, including instinctively healing herself and others, talking to trees, and having long conversations with her imaginary friends, Kim Ramsey-Winkler grew up never quite letting go of her beliefs in magic and other such things. In 2005, a chance meeting led to a friendship/mentorship through which Kim learned yoga, energy healing, and channeling, including the fact that her imaginary friends were actually her guides.
This friendship changed Kim’s life in many ways, and opened a new chapter for her in 2006 when she started a healing and channeling practice, which she operated both privately and through metaphysical stores in Portland, Maine.
In 2009, life circumstances and a move to Massachusetts put an end to Kim’s practice, though she continued informally working with others as an adviser and healer. That year, she began her writing career, with three e-books published. Since then, she has been published by several small presses and digital publishers under the pen names Jo Ramsey (young adult fiction) and Karenna Colcroft (romance), including the award-winning romantic suspense novel Dawn Over Dayfield.
She has studied spiritual counseling, Shamanism, Witchcraft, and Wicca, as well as taking courses through the online School of Life Studies, from which she received a Life Coaching diploma and certificates in Holistic Counseling and Neuro-linguistic Programming. She is one of only four Certified Chios(R) Master Teachers in Massachusetts, and the only one in the Boston/North Shore area, and is a member of the International Practitioners of Holistic Medicine and the Women Speakers Association.
In addition to her studies, Kim has devoted over a decade to recognizing the ways in which past bullying and abuse held her back, and working to overcome that impact. The compassion and understanding she has gained as a survivor whose life has undergone many changes, along with her intuitive healing skills, higher guidance, and the knowledge gained from her studies, are incorporated into her transformational speaking and her mentoring and healing practice.