Just for something different and more light-hearted today, in no particular order, here are seven of my favorite TV shows.
- Goblin: The Lonely and Great God. This is a Korean drama that was partly filmed in Quebec. I kind of have a thing for Korean dramas, to the extent that I’m trying to learn Korean so I don’t have to always read the subtitles.
- Gotham. Because Batman and other heroes and villains. I have a thing for superheroes too.
- Lucifer. The ultimate antihero, except he turns out to be pretty heroic in some ways.
- Shut Up Flower Boy Band. Another Korean drama, from 2012, with some kick-butt music.
- This Is Us. I like the way they weave in the characters’ pasts and presents.
- The Orville. Given who’s behind this show, I was prepared for offensive potty humor, but it actually manages to be a good homage to shows like Star Trek. And some of the plots really make me think, which is always a plus.
- Runaways. Because superheroes again, but this time teenagers, some of whom are heroic with no special powers at all.